Wednesday 29 January 2014

Rock Pooling at Takapuna Beach

Even better than the day before so no question it was down at the beach again…. back to our little (and my favourite) rock pool area. It’s a beautiful sheltered part of the beach enclosed with a backdrop of the most stunning rocks, above which precariously hang huge trees defying gravity – I'm sure one day they will take a tumble down to the beach, however for now they are just hanging on in there. Slightly set back from the edge stand some luxurious beach pads, probably worth a bob or two…. Now I know they must have the most magnificent views and are quite literally on the beach, but personally slightly too close for comfort for my liking. 


Takapuna Beach
Hidden gem - my favourite corner in the whole of Takapuna
Takapuna Beach

I managed to squeeze in a few pages of my book while the boys decided to rebuild their marine reserve from the day before as the tide had completely demolished their earlier attempt. They met up with another local boy in the know, and together they managed to add crabs and star fish to their rock pool wild life list.

Takapuna Beach


Takapuna Beach

Takapuna Beach
Not sure what these are but were like a blanket covering this massive rock
Takapuna Beach
Don't think they should be up there
Takapuna Beach

Takapuna Beach



The afternoon was spent going back and forth to various shops to look for a school bag for my eldest, who unfortunately has inherited the indecisive gene from me. So we took a few photos for the shortlist. It's an important decision so need to sleep on it before making the final decision, oh happy days!

No comments:

Post a Comment