Saturday 11 January 2014

Sunday Treat on Takapuna Beach

Sunday was a Takapuna day - getting to know the place. It started off with a leisurely stroll around Takapuna Market which I just loved - think this is the place to get my fruit and veg for the week. We then strolled on down to Takapuna beach where we watched our fully clothed sons drench themselves  the water... like bees to a honey pot, they just couldn't help themselves... brain malfunction for all sensible options such as removing dry t-shirts go out the window. Note to self - carry round change of clothes for the boys! Luckily they did have their toggs (known as swim shorts back home in the UK) on so it wasn't too much of an issue!

As Dan and I sat there on the grassy bank observing our sons trying to dig up the beach.... another little Sunday treat caught my eye... did they know I was coming? There running along the beach, splashing through the sea was a rugby team out training, running through the waves, back out and along the beach, doing some press-ups and back down again into the water doing their little circuit... Do they do this every Sunday morning I ask myself...mmm... think a weekly quite me-time Sunday beach visit might be in order!! At this point my thoughts were interrupted by Dan asking me whether there was a reason why we chose to pick this particular spot on the beach...hmm think he is on to me!

So here is a little pic taken of our beautiful beach, and to all my girls back home you might want to observe the back ground scenery, b-e-a-utiful!








No comments:

Post a Comment