Saturday 1 February 2014

Tiritiri Matangi Island, New Zealand

Confession time, I've just realised that I've not written about our trip to Tiritiri Matangi Island ... well I might have written about it, but I can't seem to find my scraps of paper with all the bumph on, so I'm going to cheat a little and take a bit from a certain little man's diary...

Friday 31st Jan

Today was my day because we were going to Tiritiri Matangi! Also because it was an island we had to take a ferry! I love birds and this island was dedicated to birds! The drive was not so good though because I was ill. But after that, everything was fine. The ferry was fun, though it did take 20mins to arrive at the island. All of a sudden Daddy decided we should have a guided tour round the island. I have to admit that the guided tour was better. We saw little Blue Penguins, Stitch birds, Takahes, Kokakos, Saddlebacks, White Heads, Tuis, Parakeets, New Zealand Pigeons, some Robins and a Morepork (a rare owl that lives in New Zealand)! In the gift shop I bought a Tui and Kokako badge! Then we had a walk through the forest and we saw some Fantails. Then we got onto the ferry and after that we got into the car. Next we drove somewhere and got some snorkels! When we got home I tried mine out in the pool. It was brilliant! Then we went to bed.


Ferry to Tiritiri Matangi Island


Beach at Tiritiri Matangi Island
Beach at Tiritiri Matangi Island
Tiritiri Matangi Island - North Island Oyster Catcher
North Island Oyster Catcher
Tiritiri Matangi Island - Shag Bird
A Shag
Tiritiri Matangi Island - New Zealand Robin
New Zealand Robin 
Tiritiri Matangi Island - Kokako Bird
The Kokako bird is very rare
Tiritiri Matangi Island - New Zealnd Pigeon
New Zealand Pigeon
Tiritiri Matangi Island - Tui bird
Tui

Tiritiri Matangi Island - Morepork bird
Morepork

Tiritiri Matangi Island - takahe bird
Takahe 
Tiritiri Matangi Island - Bell Bird
Bell bird
Tiritiri Matangi Island - bell bird
Whitehead 
Little man in his element - loving Tiritiri Matangi Island
Boarding the ferry to go back home
Some random arty farty picture of a shell by Dan
Another arty farty image by Dan (loving it - getting well into his photography!)



No comments:

Post a Comment